Steven V. Kaszynski
Director - Social Studies and Alignment
Since 2004, Steven has been an integral part of the CSA team. He has conducted research and created content writing for print and digital Social Studies products, managed teams of writers in the production of Social Studies and ELA materials, managed fact-checking teams for numerous publishers in Social Studies and the sciences, and served as a mentor to junior editors, correlators, and project managers. He also works diligently to ensure that curriculum meets and exceeds the required standards. Steven has a WIDA PRIME V2 Correlator certification and uses that knowledge to analyze and articulate how materials meet standards and how to improve products.
Steven has contributed on a wide variety of projects for publishers and others within the education industry, including Pearson, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Benchmark, and Educational Systemics. With strong organizational skills and a critical eye, he has managed, coordinated, written, and edited student and teacher materials, as well as performed analytics (correlations and alignment services) for grades K–12, including the following products:
- Writing and managing a Content Alignment Management System for grades K–12 in social studies, encompassing national and state standards
- Managing and adapting existing national student and teacher materials, writing and tailoring them to client and/or state specific guidelines, ensuring compliance with all requirements
- Researched, created content and managed teams for digital and print social studies programs
- Managing correlations and alignment for ELA, math, science, and social studies, grades K–12
- Writing and editing assessments for ELA, math, science, and social studies, grades K–8
- Managing and writing text-evidence questions for student supplements
- Writing assessments for standardized exams
- Creating and designing K-8 student activities (with teacher materials), puzzles, and graphics
- Performing and managing indexing services for publishers
- Identifying and implementing key word services for publishers in K-12 supplemental materials
- Managing, implementing, and writing lessons for transitional ELA programs, including assessments, grades K–8
Steven is passionate about the educational experience for all students, channeling that passion into volunteering locally as a baseball coach and as an active member of the PTA, currently serving as the board president. He holds a BA in English from Northern Illinois University and a MLIS from Dominican University.