Senior Publishing Services Specialist
With over 35 years in the publishing industry, Fran is an experienced, reliable, and diligent CSA team member where she ensures that our end result is precise through the processes of copyediting, proofreading, fact and answer checking, cross-product accuracy, and cold reading and indexing. Prior to joining CSA nearly 15 years ago, Fran worked for CCH Publishing for over 20 years, where she honed her skills in proofreading and attention to detail as a book editor and an editorial proofreader for the Law and State Tax divisions.
With vast experience, Fran is skilled at ensuring a cohesive product and ensuring that the individual components achieve their collective purpose. Fran is skilled with finding inconsistencies and problems, not only as a grammarian, but by ensuring factual consistency within a product, where she works to identify solutions. She is always curious and, as a perennial student, will find answers when given the challenge. Fran’s experience extends to a wide variety of products, from pre-K through grade 12, as well as working with continuing education for professionals.
Her expertise has produced accurate print and digital products including the following:
- Ensuring that student activities are factually accurate and relevant to the core lessons
- Copyediting and cold reading all educational materials passing through CSA, whether grades K–8 or 9–12, in reading, social studies, science and math
- Copyediting and fact-checking magazines for grades K–8 social studies, including current events
- Copyediting and fact-checking magazines grades K–8 science, including fact and answer checking and identifying reliable citation sources
- Copyediting programs for national award ceremonies for the American Bar Association
- Copyediting digests of Supreme Court cases and analyses for the American Bar Association, including intensive legal citations
- Ensuring that TEs accurately compare to lessons in SEs, both in content and form
- Managing and performing copyediting and fact-checking projects for national publications, including National Geographic, in the sciences and social studies
- Performing alignments across all content areas
Fran continues to pursue knowledge in the fine arts and social sciences, holding a BA in Liberal Arts and Sciences from North Park College, majoring in music (with education emphasis) and minoring in fine arts.