Senior Editor - STEM
With an exceptional background in education and curriculum development, Caitlyn believes in supporting the classroom through the use of technology and being a champion of providing a strong math curriculum for all. Her varied experiences span the spectrum, from teaching individual intervention mathematics to leading a hand-picked national team of teachers creating math and technology resources. Caitlyn has led and contributed to many programs including Connections Education, LearnZillion, and teaching in charter schools in Washington, D.C., and the Bronx.
In these projects, she harnessed the power of technology to facilitate math programs including:
- Working with development teams to create curriculum for new classroom and online courses that exceed state and national standards, as well as creating and managing online assessments and analytics for monitoring student progress and program improvement
- Writing and editing curriculum and assessments to meet accessibility and intervention needs
- Creating and managing online assessment tools and resources to support teachers nationally in the implementation of Common Core State Standards
- Creating and collaborating with design teams to build graphic and interactive multimedia resources, including prototype development, writing unit maps, training and overseeing teams of writers and editors, editing lessons, formative and summative assessments, and creating storyboards for multimedia assets and custom graphics
- Collaborating with the top five percent of hand-picked teachers to develop online resources
- Creatively implementing technology in the classroom to encourage math students, especially high school remedial/intervention to embrace math skills|
- Facilitating professional development workshops for teachers to encourage the use of technology in the classroom
- Coordinating field trips for intervention students to implement and showcase the use of math and technology in real-life activities
- Writing and editing middle and high school mathematics and technology core curriculum, lesson plans, individual and group activities, and ancillaries
- Leading the development of elementary math (aligned to Common Core) and science (NGSS and state standards) fully digital and accessible courses
With her teaching experience, Caitlyn brings her practical and collaborative applications to her curriculum development work. Her technology expertise informs her ability to create data-proven curriculum and accurate assessments.
Caitlyn holds a MS in Instructional Technology from New York Institute of Technology and earned her BA in Mathematics/Secondary Education from Marist College. Additionally, she maintains her professional certificates for New York State Mathematics Grades 7–12 and Mathematics Grades 5–6 Extension, as well as the New York State Educational Technology Specialist Professional Certification.