Amber began her career in 2009 as a copy editor for the award-winning college newspaper The Columbia Chronicle. She joined CSA in 2014 and used her attention to detail to proofread and fact check various educational and law materials for clients such as Mondo Publishing and the American Bar Association.
As an editor at CSA, Amber writes, edits, and collaborates on many creative projects for publishers such as Pearson, McGraw-Hill Education, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Benchmark, and EMC Schools.
Her contributions to CSA include the following:
- Proofreading reading and science content at the elementary level, as well as indexes and law book manuscripts
- Correlating, including reverse correlations, math, science, reading, and social studies print and digital programs, based on national and state-level standards (grades pre-K–8)
- Creating Text-Evidence Question Cards, based on reading products
- Developing content and analyzing facts for student and teacher print materials for social studies programs, based on standards and guidelines (grade K)
- Developing student and teacher print and digital materials for reading programs, including ELA content, based on standards and guidelines (grades K–1)
- Writing content for language/literacy, math/science, and social-emotional learning transitional programs (grade K)
- Creating narrative, procedural, and informational passages for K–12 English language learners
Amber received her BA in Creative Writing from Columbia College Chicago. She enjoys learning from her colleagues and is always striving to use the skills they have taught her in her own personal creative endeavors.